2020 Stem Cell Registrant Recruitment Campaign
Online Video Contest
*** Contest Update at October 21 2020 ***
Thanks to all the high quality submissions, we have finally selected a grand prize winner – Olivia Sun. Below are the trailers (left) of grand prize winner and the runners-up, as well as the winning production (right)!
We would like to thank all participants for their interest and support of our Mission.
*** Contest Update at Aug 15 2020 ***
Submissions for the Online Video Contest is now closed.
We thank all participants for their interest and support of our Mission.
All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges, and the winner will be announced on this website and contacted shortly.
OtherHalf Chinese Stem Cell Initiative (OtherHalf) is inviting submissions for a short video with the purpose of increasing awareness about the urgent need for stem cell donations and encouraging potential donors, especially Chinese Canadians, to register online during this challenging time of the pandemic.
OtherHalf’s Mission: “ To help save more lives of patients with Chinese ancestry through education, research and recruitment of quality donors into the stem cell network.”
The video’s duration should only be 15 sec. to 30 sec. maximum, and can be informative, educational or have a humorous/cartoon style theme, all depending on one’s individual creativity. The goal is to engage the public to click on to this video, and be encouraged to register by requesting a swab kit online, or to share this video with their friends. The important message to include is that it only takes 10 mins. to complete the registration process, ie. by completing a medical questionnaire and collecting cheek cells inside the mouth with cotton swab sticks. In order to meet the criteria for stem cell registrants, the video’s target audiences are therefore:
- Young adults 17-35 years of age.
- In general good health.
- Possess MSP or local health insurance coverage.
OtherHalf is a partner of Canadian Blood Services. More information about the stem cell program can be obtained through their website at www.blood.ca or on this website.
Submission deadline is August 15, 2020, and should be sent along with the submission form to [email protected] Subject: OtherHalf’s Online Video Contest. More than one video can be submitted per participant!
* The video should be in mp4 format, and should not exceed 200M in size.
The winning video will be used as OtherHalf’s 2020 Recruitment Campaign, and will be posted on OtherHalf’s website, Facebook and Instagram, plus various partners’ links and websites.
The Grand Prize!
Submissions will be judged by a panel that includes:
- A committee from OtherHalf which includes the Board of Directors and Medical Advisors.OtherHalf Chinese Stem Cell Initiative (OtherHalf) is inviting submissions for a short video with the purpose of increasing awareness about the urgent need for stem cell donations and encouraging potential donors to register online during this challenging time of the pandemic.
- Jeff Chiba Stearns, Producer, Director of Meditating Bunny Studio Inc. (Jeff has been instrumental in promoting stem cell campaigns through his video productions and events, and his wife was also a cord blood donor.)
One winner will be selected for a Grand Prize of $2000!
The winner will be contacted individually and announced on this website after the closing date of August 15, 2020.
- This contest is only open to residents of Canada.
- All videos featuring OtherHalf’s logo become the property of OtherHalf and may only be used by OtherHalf to raise awareness based on our sole discretion.
- Submitted videos can only be uploaded on third party platforms like YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook upon written approval from OtherHalf.
- If the video is chosen for promotional use by OtherHalf, contestants must agree to work with OtherHalf to edit or modify the video to suit the needs of the organization if required.
- Contestants must be aware of copyright when producing the videos, ie. copyrighted materials such as music, photos and video footage should not be used. Creation of original content, photos and video by the creators are recommended. Contestants are also reminded to obtain consent or releases from people (especially children) who are featured or appeared in the videos. Precautions should also be taken to observe provincial safety measures surrounding COVID-19 and filming. Please reference Creative BC for more information at https://www.creativebc.com/about-us/news/covid-19.
- OtherHalf reserves the right to reward or NOT to reward prizes if submissions do not meet the standards of the judging panel.
Enquiries can be sent to: [email protected].
Thank You for your participation and to
Be The One…to help Save a Life!